Have you ever been told you have periodontal disease (gum and bone disease)?
Periodontal treatment is for patients with significant buildup, inflamed tissue and/or accelerated bone loss. Healthy gums do not bleed, give off odor, swell or hurt.
About Periodontal Disease
- Gums, bone and tissue attachments are infected.
- Gums are swollen, red and bleed easily.
- Periodontal charting has numbers 4mm and above.
- It can be deceiving because the patient rarely experiences pain in the beginning stages.
- Periodontal maintenance is usually every 3 to 4 months due to the inflammation present.